Dragonfly trimarans are designed to be fast; they have an illustrious competition record spanning around 20 years and are very popular wherever multihulls are raced. An essential part of their appeal, however, is their convenience off the race course.
A big break-through in the evolution of the Dragonfly range was the Swing Wing system, enabling the floats rapidly to be winched in alongside the main hull, minimising the beam for berthing. This advance overcomes one of the main objections to multihull designs - the awkwardness and expense of such a broad beam in a marina. Dragonflys have kick-up centreboards, which are less vulnerable in shallow waters than daggerboards.
Dragonflys interiors are fitted out in typical Scandinavian excellence of ingenuity and taste and generally are a class above comparable brands.
All current Dragonfly models have foldable floats. In about a minute a float can be winched alongside the main hull using a hand winch. With both floats folded the trimaran beam is reduced by 50%. The boat remains very stable and can be motored around or berthed long-term in this configuration.
- Dragonfly 25 MKI introduced
- Round Britain and Ireland Race 1st and 2nd on corrected time by two Dragonflys
Dragonfly 25 first in Micro-Multihull World Championships, first in Micro-Multihull European Championships
- Dragonfly 800 MkII (fixed floats) introduced
Dragonfly first in Micro-Multihull European Championships
- Dragonfly first in Micro-Multihull European Championships
- Swing Wing system introduced
- Dragonfly 1000 introduced
- Dragonfly 1000 wins 'Boat of The Year 1994' award from Sailing World magazine
- Dragonfly 920 introduced
- Dragonfly 600 wins 'Boat of the Year 1996' award from Sailing World magazine
- Dragonfly 1200 introduced
- Dragonfly 1200 wins 'Boat of the Year 2001' award from Cruising World magazine for best cruising multihull
Dragonfly 1200 wins Danish Design Prize
- Dragonfly 920 Extreme introduced
Dragonfly Extreme with European Yacht of the Year 2003 award
Boats of this brand:
- Dragonfly 1000 Swing Wing
- Dragonfly 1200 Ocean Cruiser
- Dragonfly 25 MkI
- Dragonfly 600
- Dragonfly 800 MkII
- Dragonfly 800 Swing Wing
- Dragonfly 920 Extreme
- Dragonfly 920 Swing Wing