- Designed by:
- Simonis Voogd Design
- Robertson & Caine
Designed especially for charter the Leopard 38 (or Moorings 3800) handles easily, has a large cockpit and a well appointed saloon and cabins. There are two and three double cabin versions. In the three cabin version a master suite occupies the starboard hull and the two cabins in the port hull share heads and showers. The galley is up in the saloon.
The deck layout is clear and the main sheet traveller runs on an arch over the transom giving unimpeded access to the water via a wide aft bathing platform. The transom arch also serves to support the aft end of the bimini and to carry the dinghy. Deep louvre steps shade the forward sloping saloon windows while providing an easy and secure walkway to the saloon roof.
The Leopard 38 is a competent performer under sail and power.
This model is branded Moorings 3800 for the charter market.
- Multihull type:
- Hull: GRP, balsa core, isophthalic resin
Decks: GRP, balsa core, polyester resin
- Sails and rigging:
- Fractional sloop rig with fully battened, roached main.
- Roller-furling genoa
- Deck layout and gear:
- Genoa tracks on saloon roof
- Transom arch supports mainsheet traveller, cockpit awning and dinghy.
- Windlass on the forward bridgedeck can be used for the anchor and mail halyard.
- Keels, boards and rudders:
- Master suite and two double cabins.
- Saloon table converts to double berth.
- Heads and showers in both hulls.
- LOA (length overall):
- 11.28 m (37 ft)
- LWL (length at waterline):
- 10.29 m (33 ft 9 in)
- 6.48 m (21 ft 3 in)
- Draft minimum:
- 1.09 m (3 ft 7 in)
- Windward sail area:
- 94.01 m² (1012 ft²)
- Displacement, lightship (empty):
- 7045 kg (6.93 tons)
- Number of berths:
- Inboard engines:
- Typical total engine HP:
- Fuel type:
- First introduced:
- In production:
- New price up to:
- $299000 US (approx: £150723 Sterling / €203634 / $339949 AUS)*
- Degree of customisation:
- Several options
- Designer's/manufacturer's website:
- Used boats for sale:
- 160 boats of this brand currently available!
- Boat agents & brokers:
* Exchange rates last updated: Sunday 27th January 2008 19:27 GMT